Thursday 4 August 2011

THE CURSE OF THE MERMAN!!

I was fortunate enough to possess the first series of ‘HN!  MP!’ on pirate VHS videos but sadly these were lost, along with my extensive collection of inflatable Fishface McBoobs dolls, when I accidentally set my house on fire during my time as a crack addict. 
 It is tragic but true that there are, to my knowledge, no copies of any episodes available (especially the 1981 Xmas Special ‘Honky Clause is Coming to Town!’ which was so exciting I wet myself three times during its transmission).
In fact, even though it was the second most popular TV show of its time, there remains very little evidence whatsoever for the existence of ‘HN!  MP!’.  This is because of a phenomenon known as ‘The Curse of The Merman!’ which, for whatever reasons, be they supernatural or tragic coincidence, has led to almost everyone connected to the show in any way whatsoever, dying in bizarre and/or mysterious circumstances (see my post 'The Curse of The Merman!! Part II’, coming soon)
This curse is also the reason that I have taken so long to summon the courage to write this fan blog.  I do not want to die (I recently bought a ride-on lawnmower and have other ambitions that I dream of fulfilling) but I can no longer fight my overwhelming desire to document the TV show that brought joy and happiness to the lives of millions. 
If this blog costs me my life, then so be it.  
Honky Nincompoop, I will proudly lay down my life for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment